2007/02/05

"My way" - the old and the new


The new Way

And now, I’m starting here
And so I face a new beginning
My friends I have a path
In front of me, so inviting

I´ll live a life that´s full –
I´ll travel each and every highway.
And more, much more than this
I´ll do it my way.

What to expect ? I don´t know,
But then again, just a reflection
I’ll do what I have to do
And see it through without exemption

I planned this new course –
each careful step along the byway,
And more, much more than this,
I´ll do it my way.

Yes, there will be times,
I´m sure you know,
When I´ll bite more than I can chew,
But through it all, when I´ll have a doubt,
I´ll eat it up and spit it out.
I´ll face it all and still be proud
I´ll do it my way.

I will love, I´ll laugh and cry,
I´ll have my fill – my share of losing.
But then as tears subside,
I´ll find it all so amusing.

To think I´ll do all that,
And may I say, not in a shy way –
Oh no. Oh no, not me.
I´ll do it my way.

For what is a man ? What has he got ?
If not himself – Then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels
And not the words of one who kneels.
The record will show I take the blows
And I´ll do it my way.

Yes, it will be my way.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

nice lyrics brother :)

segunda-feira, fevereiro 05, 2007 9:42:00 da tarde  
Blogger Virgínia Dias said...

O meu sucesso passa sempre pelo sucesso daqueles que me rodeiam de forma altruista e sincera, só assim me sinto realizada e feliz. Exponho-me q.b.para realizar-me a mim própria dando uma mãozinha a quem me procura. chorando, rindo e cantando aquela que é sem dúvida a minha verdadeira essência de ser.

Gina

terça-feira, fevereiro 06, 2007 4:26:00 da tarde  
Blogger Mário Rui Santos said...

glad you liked it, sis.
e pra ti G o meu abraço a ti e a essa essencia :)

quarta-feira, fevereiro 07, 2007 10:57:00 da manhã  

Enviar um comentário

<< Home